Welcome to Douay-Rheims 1899 American edition (DRA): the most commonly Bible used in English-speaking Catholic churches.
Douay-Rheims Bible is a translation of the Bible from Latin Vulgate into English made by members of the English college in Douai, France. The New Testament appeared at Rheims in 1582 and the Old Testament at Douai in 1609.
Several editions were published in the United States of America, the best one among them: Douay-Rheims 1899 American edition.
Download this Bible for an easy and enjoyable reading!
Benefits of the App:
– Complete Version of the Catholic Bible, including deuterocanonical books
– Bible in Audio format (ability to listen to the Scriptures)
– Offline mode: read the Bible even when you’re not connected to the Internet
– Save, highlight and bookmark verses
– Create a list of your favorite verses
– Share them on social networks
– Night mode to change the luminosity (day /night mode) when you read
– Keyword research
– Adjust the size of the text for a comfortable reading
– When you re-open the app, you can continue where you last left off
The names, numbers, and chapters of the Douay–Rheims Bible 1899 revision follow that of the Vulgate:
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach, Baruch, 1 Maccabees, 2 Maccabees.
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, Revelation